Putin - No Defender of Christian Faith & Morality
October 1, 2014
Russian President Vladimir Putin speaks with Russia's Chief Rabbi Berel Lazar in front of a portrait of Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson as he visits the library of the Schneerson family of Hasidic rabbis in the Jewish Museum in Moscow, Thursday, June 13, 2013.
In a key article, William Jasper blows apart Vladimir Putin's facade of
championing Christian values. The Christian Orthodox church in Russia is
a longtime collaborator with the KGB.
"Vladimir Putin's condemnations of the depravity of modern, anti-Christian culture have won rave reviews from Western Christians..However, Russia today is every bit as degenerate (if not more so) as the fleshpots of the West. Pornography, child pornography, prostitution, child prostitution, sex trafficking of women and children, drug trafficking, drug addiction, alcoholism, suicide, homicide, and other social pathologies are rampant throughout Russia and cannot simply be blamed on the "decadent West." - William Jasper
William F. Jasper is one of America's top investigative reporters, and author of "Global Tyranny ... Step by Step" (1992) and "The United Nations Exposed." (2001)
by William Jasper
The New American (Unabridged)
(Abridged by henrymakow.com)
[Putin] has restored the state. And Russian patriotism.... Little by little, he has become the leader of world opposition to the new ideological order dominated by the West [and characterised by] antiracism, globalism, homophilia, feminism, Islamophilia and Christianophobia.... He defends national sovereignty, family and the Orthodox religion.
-- French intellectual Eric Zemmour, writing in Figaro magazine
Vladimir Putin Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize: Putin took over as President of Russia in 2000 when the country was in an economic mess. Putin has brought economic prosperity.... Putin put the crooked Jewish billionaires in prison and supported the Christian churches against the gays. He kept America out of war in Syria and Iran. Putin is aggressively combating the financial shenanigans of the New World Order.
-- Texe Marrs, author, founder of Power of Prophecy Ministry
Putin has long been a supporter of Christianity and Christian values within Russia. He has called for the Church to play a larger role in citizens' social lives, better religion classes in schools, and television programs emphasizing religious values.
-- From an article entitled "Vladimir Putin Vows to Defend Christianity Worldwide," in the Christian Post
The world has indeed been turned upside down. Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, a career apparatchik in the Soviet Communist Party and a loyal agent of the Soviet secret police, the KGB (and head of its successor, the FSB), now not only proclaims himself to be a Christian, but has donned the mantle of global protector of Christianity and morality -- to the rejoicing huzzahs of many Christians and conservatives in the West.
However, before bestowing Defender of the Faith accolades on Vladimir the Pious, we would do well to look carefully behind and beneath the highly contrived Christian image being spun by the Kremlin's public relations department and gullible Christians with short memories in the West.
Sadly, the quotations noted are not unique, nor restricted to wild outliers.
Former GOP presidential candidate and author/commentator Patrick J. "Pat" Buchanan is a paleoconservative who seems to be enthralled with the "former" KGB chief. "In the culture war for the future of mankind, Putin is planting Russia's flag firmly on the side of traditional Christianity," Buchanan wrote, in one of his many pro-Putin syndicated columns.
The Buchanan column just quoted is entitled "Whose Side Is God on Now?," not too subtly implying that Putin and his Kremlin comrades are now Heaven's standard bearers against the decadent, post-Christian West....
Let's look at the facts. All the Facts, Please
First and foremost, Putin... is a creature of the Soviet KGB, a truly diabolical organization nonpareil, which stood for murder, terror, and grand deception. It was the Soviet Communist Party's tool for the brutal suppression of religion, including the persecution of Christians: denying them jobs and education; spying on and entrapping them; arresting and imprisoning them; torturing them in unspeakable ways; desecrating and demolishing their church buildings; infiltrating their agents into churches to subvert them. The KGB destroyed thousands of Christian churches, monasteries, convents, and schools, and slaughtered millions of Christians.
But it did not destroy the churches utterly. There remained an underground church, whose members were always at risk of discovery, arrest, torture, and martyrdom. Above ground, the KGB took control of the Russian Orthodox Church, which became a very useful organ of the Soviet atheist state.
RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH UNDER KGB CONTROL
In January 2009, Vladimir Mikhailovich Gundyaev, better known as Metropolitan Kirill of Smolensk and Kaliningrad, was elected, from a short list of three candidates, to be the 16th Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, the highest position of authority in the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC). The election was called to fill the post that had been left vacant by the death of Patriarch Alexy II, who had headed the ROC since 1990.
Documents from the KGB archives have confirmed what sensible observers had long ago deduced from his actions: that Patriarch Alexy II (also spelled Alexi or Alexei) was a long-serving KGB agent (code-named Drozdov, "Blackbird"), in other words, a traitor to his Christian brethren and the God he claimed to serve. Putin's KGB/FSB was taking no chances with his replacement. All three candidates -- Metropolitan Kliment of Kaluga and Borovsk (code-named Topaz), Metropolitan Filaret of Minsk and Slutsk (code-named Ostrovskii), and Metropolitan Kirill (code-named Mikhailov) -- also have been reliably identified as agents of the KGB/FSB.
Russia expert David Satter, a former Moscow correspondent for the Financial Times (of London) and the Wall Street Journal, wrote of the election in 2009 for Forbes:
According to material from the Soviet archives, Kirill, left, was a KGB agent (as was Alexei). This means he was more than just an informer, of whom there were millions in the Soviet Union. He was an active officer of the organization. Neither Kirill nor Alexei ever acknowledged or apologized for their ties with the security agencies....
Ever since [Stalin], the Russian Orthodox Church has been the handmaiden and enabler of Soviet and post-Soviet regimes that rule the Kremlin. Following Sergius' example, his successors likewise flourished by pacifying dissent at home and providing propaganda to the outside world to discredit reports exposing the true nature of the religious persecution and subversion going on in the Soviet Union. However, the cooperation of the church hierarchy notwithstanding, persecution of true believers returned with a new vengeance under the successive reigns of Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Chernenko, and Andropov...
BY THEIR FRUITS
Our space limitations here will not allow even a partial cataloging of Putin's many criminal actions that eclipse his much-publicized Christian statements and moral posturing. Here are just a few items that seem to have slipped down the memory hole for those who now see him as some kind of new global moral leader:
• Assuming and exercising dictatorial powers throughout Russia, unprecedented since Stalin's time.
• Appointing more KGB/FSB agents to government positions than at any previous time in Soviet or Russian Federation history. As reported by the BBC and other news agencies, studies show that 80 percent or more of Putin's political appointees and administrators come from the security/intelligence agencies.
• Murdering Russian citizens through a number of FSB-run "Chechen terrorist attacks" in order to whip up public support for invading Chechnya.
• Invading, bombing, and occupying Chechnya, including destroying much of the country and wantonly killing many civilians, including women and children. Independent estimates of the number of civilian casualties in Chechnya range from 25,000 to 200,000.
• Restoring a bust of Lenin's first Cheka chief, Felix Dzerzhinsky (who proclaimed, "We stand for organized terror") to a place of honor at the notorious KGB Lubyanka headquarters, and attempting to restore a giant statue of Dzerzhinsky to its former place of honor in Moscow's Lubyanka Square.
• Murdering Russian journalists, whistleblowers, and dissidents who are brave enough to challenge his corrupt dictatorship. Famous investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya is the most well-known example, but Reporters Without Borders and the Committee to Protect Journalists cite dozens of additional cases and have named Putin one of the world's top "predators" of journalists.
• Expanding the "soft persecution" of Christian churches and organizations that are outside of the rigid state control exercised within the Russian Orthodox Church.
While Putin was hailed by pro-life forces in the West for signing a law restricting advertising for abortion, Russia maintains the highest abortion rate (37.4 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44) of any country reported in United Nations data. What's more, the government still provides free abortion service. The official number of abortions in Russia hovers around one million annually, but pro-life critics say the actual number may be several times that....
THE GREAT DECEPTION
Soviet KGB defector Anatoliy Golitsyn has proven to be one of the most accurate and prescient predictors of the great deception that we are now witnessing in Russia. In his famous book New Lies for Old, published in 1984, Golitsyn exposed the striking emphasis that the Kremlin strategists placed on conferences and coalitions aimed at using Christians to further the objective of one-world socialism.
The Great Soviet Encyclopaedia recorded that by 1972 the World Council of Churches had been converted from a "pro-Western" to a "progressive" orientation in its policies on peace, disarmament, and related matters.... However, in recent years many new fronts have been established to further the same subversive agenda. One of the most important new organizations may be the Congress of World and Traditional Religions, headquartered in Astana, Kazakhstan, and founded by Nursultan Nazarbayev, the brutal communist dictator of Kazakhstan.
The 74-year-old Nazarbayev joined the Communist Party of the Soviet Union in 1962, and rose to become first secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic and chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the SSR. Since 1991, he has ruled as "president" of Kazakhstan, one of the most repressive of the "former" Soviet states. Like Putin, he has been magically transformed into a spiritual man. But since Kazakhstan is a Muslim country, Nazarbayev discovered that he was a Muslim, of course. This also has proved helpful in placing Kazakhstan's communist agents inside the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, "the collective voice of the Muslim world."
The Nazarbayev "conversion" is not unique. Virtually anywhere one might look throughout the world today, one will find "former" communist leaders proclaiming themselves now to have converted to Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, or Hinduism. ...In case after case, the most famous "converts" today give unmistakable evidence of having simply donned a new costume to facilitate the continuation of their same play under a different title. Here are a few of the so-called converts who still promote the Marxist-Leninist doctrine:
• Dilma Rousseff, president of Brazil and "former" communist terrorist;
• Daniel Ortega, president of Nicaragua and "former" Sandinista terrorist;
• Father Miguel D'Escoto, former Sandinista foreign minister and president of the United Nations General Assembly;
• Hugo Chávez, the late dictator of Venezuela;
• Illich Ramírez Sánchez, the terrorist also known as "Carlos the Jackal";
• Arthur Waskow, veteran Marxist of the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS);
• Mehdi Chamron, a founder of communist "Red Shiism" in the United States, and now an official in the Iranian regime;
• Mahmoud Abbas, chairman of the terrorist PLO and "president of Palestine";
• Angela Merkel, "former" communist propagandist and now president of Germany; and
• Gulbadin Hekmatyar, KGB agent and Afghan warlord leader of Hezb-e-Islami.
The list goes on and on. What becomes frighteningly clear from a comprehensive study of this false "conversion" phenomenon is that Golitsyn and other "Cassandras" who recognized this as a strategic Trojan Horse were right.
• Putin is a lifelong agent (and leader) of the KGB/FSB, the communist instrument used to persecute, infiltrate, and subvert Christianity in Russia.
• Putin is following the playbooks of both Lenin and Stalin of alternately (and simultaneously) persecuting and exploiting religion.
• The KGB-run Russian Orthodox Church is Putin's "Christian" propaganda section and Patriarch Kirill (Agent Mikhailov) is his right-hand man.
• Far from exemplifying Christian virtues, Putin is running a KGB-mafia state that employs murder, repression, and terror.
• Putin's "conversion" fits a global pattern (Nazarbayev, Rousseff, Abbas, Ortega, Chávez, et al.) of Marxist-Leninists who are using religion to advance the same communist objectives.
KGB defector Anatoliy Golitsyn's detailed study of the deceptive, gradual merging of the communist and non-communist blocs under world socialism, tragically, is proving to be all too accurate. However, Christians are called to "be wise as serpents and innocent as doves" (Matthew 10:16). Why then allow ourselves to be deceived by a diabolical disorientation that would put up an agent of anti-Christ communism as a new "savior" of Christendom?
MAKOW COMMENT- Jasper neglects to mention Putin's involvement in the massacre of the Polish elite in Smolensk in 2010. Is this significant?
We must remember that while their information is often excellent, as in this case, the John Birch Society also is controlled opposition. Its mandate is to
ignore the Masonic Jewish factor. (The New American is a publication of the JBS.)
Related- How Putin is part of the NWO
You can find this article permanently at http://henrymakow.com/2014/10/putin-no-defender-of-christianity.html
Henry Makow received his Ph.D. in English Literature from the University of Toronto in 1982. He welcomes your comments at